How to enter Windows 10 and 11 without a password
Now we will learn to login to windows 10 and 11 without password, so that as soon as we turn on the computer we can start using it. Windows allows us to log in with any user (even with a Microsoft account) without entering a password, but this is a somewhat hidden option.
if we want bypass password security on our computer and it is more convenient for us not to type the password every time we want to enter Windows, we can disable it.
- Windows Module Installer Worker
- How to find out the Windows version
- Reinstall Windows 10 bluetooth drivers
- Windows 11 key
- activate window
Instead of having them log in automatically, because they are constantly being configured, and we have to remember them because they will ask us to make certain changes to the system. This trick works with local account and Microsoft account (that is, with an Internet connection), and we can apply it to any version of Windows.
Keep in mind that Windows 11 can be used without a Microsoft account, but it's more difficult than before. Developers have hidden local accounts as much as possible, which in Windows 10 and earlier was just another option.
It's important to consider that anyone can log in without knowing the password if you gain physical access to the computer. This system weakens the security of your PC and puts your data at risk, especially on your laptop or tablet, because if you lose it, everyone will have the available content.
Bypass Windows passwords with netplwiz
Netplwiz is a tool that has been present in Windows for many years, is responsible manage incoming users on the computer, and you can enter the password automatically when you turn on the computer.
Here we explain how to login without a password on Windows step by step:
- we press the button Windows+R at the same time to open the run box.
- We wrote "netplwiz" in the box (without the quotes) and press enter on the keyboard:
- We deactivate the box "User must enter name and password to use the equipment" and click "Accept" under:
- will ask us to let's enter the password twicethe username is already at the top and we shouldn't change it:
- From now on it will be enter automatically without the need to enter our password.
- Can re-enable the password by following the same stepsvia netplwiz, but checked the box mentioned above.
After all, it is the password is still there and Windows may prompt us for it any time, so it's important to write them down and not forget them.
Face, fingerprint and PIN recognition: the password-free alternative in Windows
Logging into Windows automatically, without any security, carries significant risks, but there are other risks the option to quickly identify yourself without a password which we must appreciate
We will explain how to start Windows with a PIN (as opposed to password), fingerprint reader or facial recognition. This last system doesn't work on any webcam, just a webcam with a special infrared emitter for measuring depth, which prevents them from impersonating us by putting a simple photo in front of the computer.
- We go to the next menu where we configure method for logging in in the system:
Settings -> Account -> Login options
- In today's computers, manufacturers choose to include facial recognition or fingerprint readerit's very uncommon that they offer both options:
- We have options for "Improve facial recognition" (this is not a mandatory step), especially useful for getting it to work with glasses and without glasses.
- If we want to configure facial or fingerprint recognition, we have to do it set a PIN as a requirementit doesn't only work with passwords, so we'll click "Set PIN":
- Before choosing a PIN we must confirm our identity with password or through two-step verification. For example, you can send us a confirmation code via email or SMS:
- finally we can Enter PIN (twice to avoid errors), which if desired can include letters or symbols by checking the boxes:
- If the PC doesn't have a fingerprint reader or infrared camera, it probably does enable only the "PIN (Windows Hello)" option. in "Login Options":
PIN, facial and fingerprint recognition are all part of the so-called hello window, an identification system that goes beyond logging into the system. It also gives us secure access to system configuration changes, and even integrated into applications such as the Edge browser and even in Google Chrome.
Besides logging in with a password, two less common options appear. "Security key" is a flash drive for those who need a level of protection well above the standard, so it doesn't interest us in principle.
Picture password consists of a series of taps and gestures on a particular wallpaper on startup. It was created for tablets with Windows 8, at the moment it only makes sense when we have a touch screen but no biometric sensor for facial or fingerprint recognition.
Using Windows without any password is possible
There's one last option that might not suit everyone, but it's worth mentioning. This is usage Microsoft account without associated passwordwhich improves security, though logging into Windows doesn't get any easier, as we need a PIN or facial recognition or fingerprint.
By removing the password, we we will identify through the Microsoft Authenticator application, available on Android and iOS. For this reason, we rely on cell phones and, if we lose access, email or SMS will be the means of recovering it.
Its main advantage is that it is more it is difficult to hack an account without associated passwordin return, some old services may stop working, which will force us to reactivate them if we want to continue logging in.
this system not compatible with netplwiz hack tool for passwordless login on Windows which we explained in the first part.
In this case, what it does is introduces it automatically, so when it's not there anymore, it doesn't work, and you have to do it access Windows with a PIN or biometric identification. It also requires that the Windows account is associated with a Microsoft account, it doesn't work for local accounts.
Let's see how to remove the password from a Microsoft account and, therefore, from Windows users logged in with it:
- The first step is download Microsoft Authenticator to mobilewhich we should still install in the future:
- Download Microsoft Authenticator for Android or iOS
- We must Sign in to the app using the code sent via email or SMSbecause the goal is to connect in the future without a password:
- Now we will enter Microsoft account security page At the following link:
web: Microsoft account security
- We are looking for the passage "Account without password" and click "Activate":
- After clicking "Activate" and reading the warning, we have to re-identificationWe have several options, but the best is brand new Microsoft Authenticatorwhich we will use from now on:
- From the cell phone we have to press "Approve" Authenticator-generated notification:
- This seems to return us to the "Additional security" screen, so we return to the about section "Account without password" and we choose again "Activate".
- The final step is clicking "Approve" the request to remove the password what the Authenticator will show on the phone:
Eventually, logging into Windows without a password is easy but complicated. It may be better to choose facial, fingerprint, or PIN recognition than removing the password on PC startup, which reduces security, or removing the Windows account password, which complicates the login process.
Deja una respuesta